Braces straighten teeth – but they also require you to make many lifestyle changes during treatment, like skipping favorite foods. If you’d like to have a straight smile but don’t want the hassle of metal braces, it’s time to learn the benefits of clear aligners.
To see if you’re a good candidate for this convenient form of orthodontic treatment, schedule a consultation at one of our Elizabethtown, KY offices. Call us in Lakewood 270-491-3768 or Lincoln Trail 270-200-6225.
In the meantime, see some of the reasons so many folks love using aligners instead of braces:
- Esthetic Appeal – A significant advantage of clear aligners is their virtually invisible appearance. Unlike conventional braces that can be quite noticeable, clear aligners blend seamlessly with your natural teeth. You can undergo orthodontic treatment without feeling self-conscious or worrying about your appearance. Whether you’re a teenager or an adult, your aligners enable you to smile confidently throughout treatment period.
- Comfort and Convenience – Clear aligners are designed with your comfort in mind. Crafted from smooth, BPA-free plastic, they don’t contain any sharp wires or brackets. With traditional braces, your dentist tightens wires periodically during treatment. With aligners, there is no need for these uncomfortable adjustments.
- Improved Oral Hygiene – Maintaining good oral hygiene is essential, especially during orthodontic treatment. Clear aligners allow you to easily maintain your oral health routine. Unlike braces, which can trap food particles, you can remove aligners, so you can brush and floss your teeth more effectively. This reduces the risk of plaque buildup, tooth decay, and gum disease. You’ll have a healthier smile when your treatment is over.
- No Dietary Limits – Say goodbye to the dietary restrictions that accompany traditional braces. Dental aligners enable you to more easily enjoy your favorite foods without worrying about damaging orthodontic appliances. Since you can remove the aligners before eating, you won’t have to avoid sticky or crunchy foods. Go ahead and have popcorn at the movies!
- Shorter Treatment Time – Teeth aligners work in less time than traditional braces. Depending on your individual case, clear aligners can often achieve the desired results in about a year. The aligners are custom-made to fit snugly over your teeth. This ensures efficient movements to gradually shift your teeth into their proper positions.
- More Comfort During Sports or Musical Activities – If you’re an athlete or play a musical instrument, you may find traditional braces cumbersome and uncomfortable. With aligners in place, you can participate in sports, play musical instruments, or engage in any physical activity with ease and without worrying about potential mouth injuries.