- Schedule Online
- Lincoln Trail
Dentures fill gaps in your smile left by missing teeth. Still, they require folks to make lifestyle changes – ranging from the kinds of food they eat to how they clean their teeth. But there is an alternative to conventional dentures that will give your smile a more lifelike feel and function. Dental implant dentures give you the closest thing to your natural teeth.
Our team uses the latest technology for implant treatment, including computer-guided placement and 3-D imaging. We also offer surgical procedures that help prepare your jaw for implants, if needed. You can choose from two forms of sedation to keep you relaxed throughout your treatment. We even offer treatment that allows you to receive implants and your new teeth in the same appointment.
To see if implant dentures are right for you, schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Call 270-491-3768 (Lakewood) 270-200-6225 (Lincoln Trail) today for an appointment in our Elizabethtown, KY office. In the meantime, see some of the advantages of this teeth replacement option:
- More Stability, Less Embarrassment – Since dentures rest on top of your gums, they are held in place by suction. Many dentures wearers find their teeth can slip out of place, so they add adhesive. Still, even with adhesive, dentures can slip or even become dislodged. Implants fuse to the bone when inserted into your jaw. So when dentures are attached to them, they aren’t going anywhere. They’ll stay securely in place.
- Prevention of Bone Loss – Losing teeth means losing the roots of your teeth too. Since stimulation from roots is what keeps the bone in your jaw strong, your jaw shrinks while wearing conventional dentures. But implants stimulate your jaw the same way that tooth roots do, so you can avoid the sunken-face look and maintain a younger appearance.
- More of Your Favorite Foods – The security of implant dentures gives you much more chewing power than you have with conventional dentures. You can eat whatever you want without worrying about loose teeth, including food like crunchy apples. A more diverse diet means your overall health will likely improve.
- Easier Care – Depending on the kind of implant dentures you receive, your teeth may stay fixed in place. You’ll take care of them by brushing and flossing like you always have. You also won’t need relining procedures to adjust the fit of dental implant dentures.
- Greater Comfort – One of the biggest benefits of dentures attached to implants is their comfort. Unlike conventional dentures, you’ll probably forget you are even wearing implant dentures.
We understand that implants aren’t for everyone, so we offer conventional dentures too. Our dentists will ensure you find the solution that is right for your smile. Call [today] for an appointment at Harvey and Nichols Family Dentistry.